Norm Mineta Died Death of Cause of Former San Jose Mayor. He was 90 years old when he died.
- The protests against the potential repeal of Roe vs. Wade are in class in San Francisco and Oakland and the state of California is already striving to become an abortion “heaven”. Early measures already underway include more staff, more clinics, financial assistance for women traveling to California for abortions, legal protections for doctors, and “a package of a dozen legal abortions that go through the legislature” in California.
- Former San Jose Mayor, US Congressman, Secretary of Commerce, and Secretary of Transportation Norm Mineta has died. He was 90 years old. Mineta was interned in Japanese American internment camps as a child but went on to a distinguished career in public service, and the Norman Y. Mineta International Airport in San Jose will forever bear his name.
- While the Giants baseball stadium houses statues of legendary players Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Juan Marichal, and Gaylord Perry, the Warriors’ Chase Center receives a statue of… Ed Lee? The statue will be unveiled at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, which would have been the former mayor’s 70th birthday, in honor of his work building the Chase Center.
- This Stern Grove schedule leaked on Muni is 100% confirmed with today’s official announcement list.
- A 13-year-old boy was seriously injured after someone punched him and knocked him to the ground around 3 pm on Monday.
- The oddly named Asian Box restaurant, which has a location on Chestnut Street and five other locations in the Bay Area, also gets an SFO location.