A Texas woman’s body caught on fire as she was lighting a candle after putting on hand sanitizer. The heart-wrenching accident took place on Sunday. Seconds after the lighting of the candle, Kate Wise’s hand caught fire and soon her whole body was radiating. Her face was most affected.
Wise is under an intensive care unit recovering from the significant burns. A local fire department told people about the condition of Texas woman. He informed everyone that the fire damaged about 18 per cent of her body.
Kate Wise And The Accident
Kate Wise, a mother of three, is admitted at a local hospital in Austin. The fundraiser is helping the family to cover her medical expenses. She said that Wise was preparing to watch a movie with her children when she put on hand sanitiser.
The woman then lit the candle. The fire came in contact with her hand, and as hand sanitiser on her hand, it caught fire. Her hand, as well as her whole body, busted into flames in seconds.
Hand Sanitizers Composition
During the ongoing pandemic, people are advised to use hand sanitisers. In most healthcare settings, alcohol-based sanitisers are suitable to hand washing with soap and water, because it may be better withstood and is more beneficial at reducing bacteria.
The Reason Why Kate Wise Wanted To Highlight The Incident
Kate Wise wanted to highlight the incident so that it may create awareness among people all over the world. She started that it may warn others about the danger of some of the protective products one use to prevent coronavirus.
The Food and Drug Administration has been uploading the list of dangerous hand sanitisers. The list would guide the people while buying the product.